About

Hi! I'm Olaf. I was born in Poland, about twenty years later than I'd prefer. Thereupon, I cannot remember the magic 80's regardless to how hard I try. But I've found it possible to revive the 80's. I've set this site to share with you my imagination of 80s and help you feel like those days were never gone. I'd really appreciate any help of you - I'm going to show you something and - I hope - you'll teach me about something, too. Please, enjoy your stay at "Bring Back 80's"! Best regards, Olaf. Read more about me »

Bring Back 80s YT Channel

Bring Back 80s Youtube Channel Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

The Red Head

poniedziałek, 12 kwietnia 2010

Think of Toyota Prius, Chrysler Voyager, Porsche Cayenne (sorry, I know it hurts!).

Who the hell might feel anything positive to these cars (anything! Not even mentioning love!)? No one, that's simply impossible. They have to take you from A to B, simultaneously licking ecologists' asses, comforting mother-in-law, and entertaining a herd of children. SUVs, kombis - they're strictly soulless. They have to be useful. Remember this word. "Useful" automatically crosses out any entertainment, fun, joy, horniness. And - as well - automatically crosses out their presence in this blog. The car of 80s must have a soul. And, certainly, so has the red arrow, I'm gonna show you tonite.

A quick tip for girls:
Do you know how to make your boyfriend, husband cum in a second?
Tell him really slowly: Maranello, Pininfarina, Testarossa.

These three words above (which I shouldn't probably mention in that context, but who cares) describe the soul of the car I want to remind to you. And I've forgotten the last word, the clue.
Ferrari.

Maranello is a city in Modena, northern part of Italy. The city where the Ferrari factory located is. Pininfarina is a name of car design company, creator of the most beautiful vehicles ever. Finally Testarossa. Testarossa means "the Red Head".

Ferrari Testarossa

Trying to get to the essence of 80's motorization, you might consider American cruisers, the most annoying German cars for people*, but you won't feel the magic without mentioning Ferrari, the soul of Italy.

*Whoever has invited Volkswagen, should be damned for ever!

4,943 liters engine and 390 hp. Could be better? Probably yes, while newer models - provided with the same engine - reached 428KM (F512TR), and 440KM (F512M). But remember - it's 80s.

Numbers are only an addition.

 The perfect car has to look great and have soul. And if it gains 290 or 300 kph doesn't really matter.

Ferrari Testarossa

That's also the explanation why Testarossa (produced 1984-1991) reached its great popularity, simultaneously not achieving any significant racing successes.

Ferrari Testarossa

There might be plenty of poems written to fully describe the beauty of Testarossa, but sometimes words are just meaningless. And this - certainly - is one of these times.

Enjoy,
Olaf

What next?
As soon as I stop crying for Testarossa, I'm gonna show you something
at least as magic as Ferrari. What it's gonna be?
I've still got so many ideas and still don't know which to publish first.
Maybe it's a proper time for a little surprise?

3 komentarze:

  1. FONTY pisze...

    hello my friend! warm greeting ^^!
    your blog looks nice 0_0

    by the way,
    if you need to find unique typography, you can go to our website.

    best regards;

  2. Mike pisze...

    I like this car. I seen it so many times also in video games. Even in the racing games today. It never ages.
    80s music

  3. Anonimowy pisze...

    We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I may as well check things
    out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to going over
    your web page yet again.

    Look at my web blog :: web directory

Prześlij komentarz

Please, support my efforts. All the comments and opinions are being greatly appreciated. Share your thoughts, suggest things to be described or even say "Hello" to me :)