About

Hi! I'm Olaf. I was born in Poland, about twenty years later than I'd prefer. Thereupon, I cannot remember the magic 80's regardless to how hard I try. But I've found it possible to revive the 80's. I've set this site to share with you my imagination of 80s and help you feel like those days were never gone. I'd really appreciate any help of you - I'm going to show you something and - I hope - you'll teach me about something, too. Please, enjoy your stay at "Bring Back 80's"! Best regards, Olaf. Read more about me »

Bring Back 80s YT Channel

Bring Back 80s Youtube Channel Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

And here it comes...

środa, 7 kwietnia 2010

Hi!
You, reading these words, make up a half of this blog's success. That means you've found the site and - hopefully - stay for a while. All in all, Rome was not built in one day, so let me start from the beginning.

My name is Olaf, I'm twenty and come from Poland. I'm too young to experience the 80s personally, but all its "living symbols" impressed me so much that I'd do anything to turn back time. And this blog is dedicated exactly to 80s, the wonder years.




Have you ever wondered why "present-day stars" are actually one-day stars? Why everybody knows The Rolling Stones or The Eagles? Why every motorization fan would die for an old-time Cadillac? Why the 80s things are still alive, in oppose to contemporary inventions hardly surviving more than a year?

I don't wanna say that Lady Gaga is a musical piece of shit. (But she really is)!

Who's gonna remember Rihanna in a few years? (Probably Chris Brown). And who knows Michael Jackson? Oh, everybody? That's surprising. No it isn't. At all! I don't wanna say that Lady Gaga is a musical piece of shit but she's got no chance to stay remembered.

Everybody knows David Hasselhoff and the Knight Rider - years 1982-1986 (I, born in 1990, have been watching it, too)! And, please forgive, who's gonna remember Robert-oh-I'm-so-tormented-Pattinson? No one. No one. No one! And that's great!

I don't know why (and this blog has to help me discover that) all the present top-hi-superb-mega-etc-stars are remembered only for a season or two? And - unlikely - plenty of 80's stars, even not so popular then, are still alive in 2010? Tell me, why...

I - through this blog - want to take you for a walk across the magic 80s world, its culture and phenomenon. For some of you that's gonna be a sentimental journey into the memories, for some - just a doubtless dream. All in all, please, have fun and enjoy.

Olaf

(As it's the first real note in this blog, I've been wondering what
video to leave you with. It had to be an invitation to the 80s and
- simulatonously - characteristic and memory-awakening.
There's only one right choice.

The intro from - already mentioned - Knight Rider. Still alive!
(By the way, thanks to the uploader from YT).







All of your comments are kindly appreciated.

1 komentarze:

  1. Mike pisze...

    I loved the intro for Knight Rider. The car was really cool also.
    80s music

Prześlij komentarz

Please, support my efforts. All the comments and opinions are being greatly appreciated. Share your thoughts, suggest things to be described or even say "Hello" to me :)